change harddisk

Wolfgang wolfgang at rpi.net.au
Tue Feb 24 11:16:32 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 21:53, kh wrote:
> My current harddisk is running out of space and i'm going to replace it
> with something larger, and i want to bring my data with me over to the
> new disk.
>
> It seems that i can use Norton Ghost before on a linux disk, anyone ever
> tried this?
>
> btw i have redhat 8 on that disk.
>
> kh

If you use the latest version of Ghost you will be ok. The only thing
that I have found, is that it may affect the Grub MBR contents. All I
ended up doing was to boot the install CD then boot into rescue mode and
reinstall grub back to the MBR, then I could boot the new drive again
with the new partition sizes. Other than that, I found it to work very
well. (And also works very quick)

Wolf