Does "Micro$oft" sucks...?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Feb 24 18:13:49 UTC 2004

At 11:47 2/24/2004, you wrote:
>For example (and to stay off topic a bit):
>
>Last year alone the Gates Foundation donated a tad over 7,000,000,000 to
>various medical and educational programs.  Count the zero's my friend.
>
>I fully realize that they price gouge and everything they stand for is
>against OSS, but 7 billion donated to the world's future each
>year.  That's not a bad thing.

No, it's not a bad thing. Anything done for good is a good thing, no ifs,
ands, or buts. However, and to make the point dramatically in the purest
black or white: stealing exclusively to give to the poor is still stealing.
I applaud charity, but I expect ethical business behavior as well. Our
family businesses, for example, are publicly held and audited, have had an
impeccable reputation for nearly 80 years now, and consistently donate a
percentage of gross profits to charity and social work as well as fund the
Paiz Foundation.

Just as two wrongs do not make a right, a right does not "cancel out" a
wrong. They are independent.

>Please don't reply to this forum if you have to bash me

No bashing here, but I certainly don't agree with my interpretation of what
you said.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com