Bug?/questions about spamassassin

Aaron Konstam akonstam at trinity.edu
Tue Feb 24 22:25:37 UTC 2004

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 10:38:07AM -0600, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> When I run the newest version of spamassassin (2.6.3-0.2) from the init.d
> directory as user root, it hangs when I use "-u mailnull" as the options.
> Or any other user (mail, etc), for that matter. Typing ./spamassassin
> start with just the option above shows:
>
> starting spamd:
>
> And then it hangs.
>
> Using the defaults with the software (-d -c -a -m5 -H) works fine, except
> my incoming spam is labeled as [SPAM] in Pine. Is there any way, from the
> spamassassin option command line above, to add an option to automatically
> delete those incoming emails when they are detected to be spam? I'm sure
> there is, but in my half-awake state and 2 hours on the spamassassin web
> site, I'm not clear how to do it.
>
> Thanks, as always, for any help!

I think if you have procmail run spamassassin while it is run by
sendmail then you can  cause mail that has a [SPAM] in it to be saved
for later inspection. That is not deletion but the file you put it in
could ber removed periodically by a cron entry. Sounds klugey but it
should work.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University