Automatically loading ip_conntrack_ftp on restart?

Christopher K. Johnson ckjohnson at gwi.net
Wed Feb 25 01:57:22 UTC 2004

Jonathan Gardner wrote:

>I've tracked down my FTP server woes to needing ip_conntrack_ftp loaded to
>function properly. What is the proper way to configure my system so that
>ip_conntrack_ftp gets loaded when my vsftpd server gets started, and
>unloaded when it gets stopped?
>
>I am sure something similar should exist for other ip_conntrack_* modules.

It does exist, but is not loaded and unloaded as services like vsftpd
are started, which is unnecessary.

Edit /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config.  Uncomment and edit the line
#IPTABLES_MODULES=""

to be

IPTABLES_MODULES="ip_conntrack_ftp"

Then when you reboot or "service iptables restart" the module will be
loaded.

   Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021