Linux exchange client?

Brad Kittredge fedora at mauryisland.com
Wed Feb 25 06:02:03 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 18:59, Ron Henderson wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> As much as I hate it, I must run outlook at work to connect to the
> exchange server. Does anyone know of a client for exchange I can
> download? It must support, mail, calendar, & tasks
>
> Ron

If you work in a company where Exchange 5.5 is still in use (my
situation), you can't use Ximian Connector (Connector only works with
Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003).

I've been using Crossover Office:

http://www.codeweavers.com

everyday ever since it's first release, and I'm very pleased.  It runs
Office 97 and Outlook 2000 solidly, with only some minor cosmetic
flaws.  Agreed, you could just use run Outlook on regular ol' Wine for
free, but I pay the folks at Codeweavers for their Crossover Office,
basically for their installer and for their support should I ever need
it (I haven't).  I believe it's about he same price as Ximian Connector,
and it lets you run the complete MS Office suite if you should need to.

Not a prefect FOSS solution, but a workable one for now.

--
2.6.2-1.81 #1 Sat Feb 14 09:37:09 EST 2004 athlon GNU/Linux
21:50:20 up 8 days, 3:18, 4 users, load average: 3.24, 1.35, 0.51

The little pieces of my life I give to you, with love, to make a quilt
to keep away the cold.