Laptop networking issues

Phil Savoie psavoie1783 at rogers.com
Wed Feb 25 13:29:56 UTC 2004

Hello All,

I have a Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop which does a network install of the new FC2
test 1 release.  I start with a boot askmethod and fill in the blanks to do a
network install which works flawlessly.

However, on reboot after the install, the same pcmcia card I used for the
network install is not seen or is seen and doesn't work.  The pcmcia card is
a netgear FA511 32 bit card which works great in RH8,9 Mandrake 8-9.2 etc.

In Fedora Core 1, the only way the card will work is if after the boot I tke
it out and put it back in again.  I have moved the /etc/rc3.d and /etc/5.d
network and pcmcia files around so that pcmcia is started before eth0 gets
loaded but still no go.

Would/could anyone enlighten me as to how I can solve this?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Phil