Does "Micro$oft" sucks...?

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Wed Feb 25 19:01:56 UTC 2004

Guy Fraser wrote:
> Travis Riddle wrote:
>
>> Whoops that's not per year, that's since the inception of the
>> program.  Sorry, my bad, 7 Billion since 1994.  I guess they do suck.
>>
> Like RP said... 7 Billion in charity is a good thing.
>
> I'm sure that if I had made 70 Billion in the last 10 years I would have
> donated at least 7 Billion too.

Also, don't forget that at least a portion of their charity is often
donated in the form of MS software, rather than cash, so it doesn't
neccessarily even cost MS as much as it's worth on paper. Arguably,
since some of these donations are just licenses and not even media (see
the third example) it costs them practically nothing or even ends up
making them money when the beneficiaries then later purchase
complimentary MS software.

Examples:
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2000/Jan00/DonationPR.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2000/Feb00/EncartaWApr.asp