yummir, manage mirror servers in /etc/yum.conf

Brian Fahrlander Brian at fahrlander.net
Wed Feb 25 20:38:36 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 15:40 -0500, Lance.Spence at cox.com wrote:

> Great job on putting this together. I also noticed something similar on
> Freshmeat.net called yummy. I haven't played with it yet, but yours is
> very simple and straightforward.

    Ya know, I remember posting a message, probably over on PlanetCCRMA
or elsewhere to this effect:

    "Wouldn't it be great if a piece of software could probe a place for
all the known repositories, and, in comments, add them to the list of
repos from which to pull?  Then, under PGP security, you could have your
machine get the various updates for your machine and/or have them
available for Synaptic?"

    I was laughed at.  "Too insecure", they said.

    Well you just keep building it.  It's a great idea, no matter whose
head it comes from.  And it'll build strength in numbers for the Fedora
crowd, and I'll just just be clam-like.  (Happy, that is)

    GoodOnYa!

Brian Fahrländer                 Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                     http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262