dvd, vcd, avi, divx, mpeg player

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Feb 26 04:18:59 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 21:09, Richmond Pabilona wrote:
> Hi guys,
>     What would you guys recommend ? what is the best player out there
> that can handle all of these movie formats? xine? mplayer?
>
> Thanks,
> Richmond

Mplayer and Xine can both handle them.  I use Xine for DVDs since Xine
supports DVD menus and MPlayer does not.  I use MPlayer for all other
formats since it seems a little faster to me.

One other note, you will need to go to MPlayers home page and download
all the Win32 Codec packages.  Make a directory called /usr/lib/win32
and extract them there.  Xine and MPlayer will use them and will be able
to play any file format you throw at it.

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA