hard drive

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Thu Feb 26 10:07:03 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> To your question: IBM has a tool free for download to do a surface
> check. It also can check for S.M.A.R.T. status. Just put it on a floppy
> and boot it. Fedora has smartctl for those checks.

The IBM tool, and the WD tool, and the Maxtor tool, and other tools are
on http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
--
"I place economy among the first and most important of republican
virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared."

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/