FC1 as a server

Michael Gargiullo mgargiullo at warpdrive.net
Thu Feb 26 14:25:51 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 08:25, Fredrik Holmberg wrote:
> What are your experiences on running Fedora (Core 1) as a server, in
> comparison to the former Red Hat 9 (Shrike)?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Fredrik Holmberg

We actually use it in several dozen servers without incident.  We maybe
the exception though.  We also run the SMP kernel without a problem.  We
have it running on dual AMD systems, Dual Intel, and Dual Intel Xeon
boxes.  We did have one boot problem on the dual xeon box, but we have
it running on one of the mail gateways, and it handles everything
nicely.