FC1 as a server

Alexandre Strube surak at casa.surak.eti.br
Thu Feb 26 19:40:14 UTC 2004

Em Qui, 2004-02-26 às 10:25, Fredrik Holmberg escreveu:
> What are your experiences on running Fedora (Core 1) as a server, in
> comparison to the former Red Hat 9 (Shrike)?

45 days uptime, using fedora 1 and kernel 2.6, to a light-load for http
and email, and medium/heavy load for SMB shares (25 windows computers,
using insurance programs) . As the machine is primarly I/O bounded, the
seti at home process runs full-time, so the processor is always nearby 100%
use.

Is this stable or what?

Oh yeah, is an athlon 950mhz, 512mb ram, ide hd, voodoo video card.
Nothing too fancy.

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group