HP printer stopped working

msjones773 msjones773 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 27 01:01:47 UTC 2004

Hello,

I just recently installed fedora on my win xp machine as a dual boot. I
was quite pleased that the install went ok and everything seemed to
work. I am completely new to Linux, but am interested by what I see.

Here's my question. I just ran apt-up2date and quite a few updates
downloaded. After it was done I notice that my HP usb deskjet printer no
longer prints. If I try to print from a file it looks like it queues and
then nothing happens. Before the updates it would print fine. I looked
in control manager and under  printer I see that it is idle and
rejecting jobs. Then after a while it will become active, but when I try
to print again I get the same result. Under the generic driver option I
can not see any of the jobs in queue, but under cups I have a list of
jobs waiting to print but there is a small red x on the printer icon so
I'm not sure what that means. I did try all the options though. I'm
pretty sure the updates I downloaded had something to do with it but
being new to Linux I am not quite sure where to start looking. Perhaps
someone could steer me in the right direction.
Thanks,
Mark