(no subject)

taehyun nam poliscience at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 05:19:11 UTC 2004

Yes, it is a correct description.

Message: 19
From: "Christofer C. Bell" <cbell at jayhawks.net>
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: Blue screen in Fedora
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:49:28 -0600

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 00:31:09 +0200, Chadley Wilson
wrote
> I have never in 5 years seen a blue screen of death
in linux.
> Mr Coenders could you give more detail on the events
before you get
the
> blue screen and what thscreen looks like maybe some
error messages.
> Thanks

It sounds to me like GNOME isn't starting for some
reason and the user
is
reporting the blue background painted by gdm (as
configured
in /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf) as a BSOD when that's not
what it actually
is.

Is that more or less correct?

--
Chris

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest
of the night.  Set
a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his
life."  --
Unknown

=====
Taehyun Nam
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Department of Political Science, The University of Kansas
504 Blake, 1541 Lilac Lane, Lawrence KS 66044