Kernel 2.6 and Reisersfs how to implement?

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Fri Feb 27 06:19:33 UTC 2004

Hi Guys,

	I'm trying to see if I can play around with Reiserfs. I have an
additional unpartitioned space which I would like to store small files (eg..
Text Howtos, web pages, pdf docs pics etc)

I was thinking of trying out reisersfs for the 1st time.
(was using ext3 all the while)

I tried mkreiserfs /dev/hda8 (new partition) but then a
warning came out that my reiseifsprog is either too old
 or is only suitable for 2.2 or 2.4 kernel.

I went to namesys.com to download a new one but found out
that reiserfs is only EXPERIMENTAL for 2.6 kernel. (though it states
 reiserfs4, which is a new version) what about the existing reiserfs?
(version 3??)

If anyone know.. please pass on the knowledge to me.

Cheers,                                                 .^.
Mun Heng, Ow                                            /V\
H/M Engineering                                       /(   )\
Western Digital M'sia                                  ^^-^^
DID : 03-7870 5168                          The Linux Advocate