Fwd: Apt-get error

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Fri Feb 27 06:31:27 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 23:56, Alexandre Strube wrote:
> Em Qui, 2004-02-26 às 13:55, Mike Bos escreveu:
>

> > can someone help me solving these error's? I can bypass them with -f but that
> > doesn't seem so elegant.
> > warning: cannot get exclusive lock on /var/lib/rpm/Packages
>
> Did RPM failed before this? If that's the case, you will have to remove
> the lock, which is a file I don't know what :-)

That warning isn't a show-stopper, it just means that something is
holding a *shared* (read) lock on the rpmdb. Generally speaking you want
to check that there aren't any dangling rpm-related processes around but
getting that warning doesn't stop you from installing packages, rpm >=
4.1 does allow for concurrent access.

	- Panu -