DHCP failing in FC1

Christopher K. Johnson ckjohnson at gwi.net
Fri Feb 27 12:21:43 UTC 2004

Manuel Carro wrote:

>    Which brings me to another question: I'd like also the boot
>process to stop and ask me "do you network and, if so, which
>interface"?  But I do not want to fiddle around with the startup
>scripts, because a reinstall would force me to redo the work.  Is
>there any option in any configuration file which would allow me to do
>this?  Setting that option would be a minimal effort.
>
>        MCL

>[...] put Windows back into its place as an overpriced Nintendo.

Check out redhat-config-network-gui and utilities provided by the
redhat-config-network rpm that comes with fedora (Soon to become
system-config-network I expect).

This provides for network profiles managed under
/etc/sysconfig/networking/ and the profile can be selected at boot by
creating multiple grub entries for your kernel, and appending
netprofile=yourProfileNameHere using different profile names on each
grub entry.

   Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021