Broken Pipe Error Message

Gary Waters gwaters at rci-enr.net
Fri Feb 27 16:03:11 UTC 2004

Nope...no matter how I do it I get the same problem. If I type su in text
mode setup utility, an x-popup opens asking me for the root password. The
same situation occurs. I get a broken pipe error message as soon as I
highlight and try to enter the firewall settings section. I logged into
root and killed the account, folders and all, remade it, and then tried
afresh. I get the same broken pipe error even with a newly created account.

I'd just like to understand what's going on and if this is a bug in fedora.
I need to be able to drop the firewall to dcc chat with eggdrop bots on irc...

I know this possibly qualifies as a newbie question, but when I subscribed
to the list it did not mention that this was a list for advanced users
only. I tend to post to mailing lists after I've run up against a dead end
with other resources...