Reading Live SMB Files

Adam Voigt adam at kotisprop.com
Fri Feb 27 16:56:11 UTC 2004

Well yes I could, but again, thats not at all a fluid solution, it's a
dry-powder solution =). It requires that sudo be setup for each user
account to be able to run mount with root privileges, plus I have to
store my network password in the script.

I just don't understand why Nautilus can't over-come SMB shares, even
for programs that don't understand them, by automatically saving the
document to /tmp, or mounting the share itself, etc.

--

Adam Voigt
adam at kotisprop.com