Reading Live SMB Files

Christofer C. Bell cbell at jayhawks.net
Fri Feb 27 17:14:28 UTC 2004

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 11:56:11 -0500, Adam Voigt wrote
> Well yes I could, but again, thats not at all a fluid solution, it's
> a dry-powder solution =). It requires that sudo be setup for each
> user account to be able to run mount with root privileges, plus I
> have to store my network password in the script.

Would the "user" directive in /etc/fstab help in this situation?  I've never
mounted SMB shares on Linux before so forgive me if I don't know the
mechanics of it.  Is it something that can be done out of /etc/fstab?

--
Chris

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.  Set
a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."  -- Unknown