A stable SMP kernel.

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 28 11:36:02 UTC 2004

For anyone who is having stability issues with the FC SMP kernel..

I built a SMP kernel (actually my first!!) yesterday using the 2.4.25
source from kernel.org and the .config file from the latest
(2.4.22-1.2174) FC kernel.. I didn't change anything..

So far ( 24 hours later ) it has not hung at all and seems to be running
quite fast.. I don't know what the difference is between 2.4.22 and
2.4.25 or if the FC dev team have made changes to the source but so far
I am happy that I can now use a stable SMP kernel (and the PC powers off
when shutdown :) )..

Later..