Need help sending Fax

Guy Bouchard gbouchar at boutiqueduvelo.com
Sat Feb 28 16:20:01 UTC 2004

Like i said before, i am new to Linux. It is supposed to be an easy
switch now from ugly and dirty Windows. I have some trouble and don't
always find what i am looking for.

It seem i have to use Kdeprintfax to send fax on my machine.

It was not working with mgetty-sendfax so i install (with rpm command)
mgetty and mgetty-sendfax package. No errors.

When i tried Kdeprintfax again i got:

Mime type: text/plain
Command: enscript -M %psu -E -p %out %in
[ 1 pages x 1 copies
  placées dans /tmp/kde-utilisateur/kdeprintfax_YJ68PFO
Envoi du fax en utilisant : /usr/bin/faxspool -F 'VéloSpécialité' -f ''
-D ''  '228-1049' '/tmp/kde-utilisateur/kdeprintfax_YJ68PFO'

Usage: /usr/bin/faxspool [options] [faxphone] [page data]
	-p		poll request
	-n		normal resolution
	-C <pgm>	set cover page program ("-" for none)
	-D <dest>	set verbose destination name
	-F <full name>	set full name of sender
	-h <file>	text file for page header
	-f <email>	set address for status mail
	-P <n>		set job priority (1=lowest, 9=highest)
	-c		copy source files
	-t <hh:mm>	set earliest possible send time
	-t <hh:mm-hh:mm> set time range for sending fax
	-A <txt>	specify free-form accounting information
	-q		shut up

as root i tried to do the faxspool command manually and it seem to send
it to faxrunq (i think) but after that i don't know.

Do you know somewhere i can get all the needed information from start to
end for making my fax work?  Do i need special directories with special
right?  Where are the configuration files?

Is it easier with Hylafax?

Thanks!

--
Guy Bouchard