yummir, manage mirror servers in /etc/yum.conf

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Feb 29 23:13:39 UTC 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 01:50:53PM -0600, Peter Smith wrote:
>here at my site now, thanks.  Now we only need some sort of "add your
>repository to the list" automated web thingy now.  And maybe even a

Yeah, that's the next step I want to work on.  My idea is that the
server will know about the primary sites for a repository, and will run
it's own "yum update" from each of the listed sites for the
repositories.  It can then compare the mirror sites data against the
primary site's data, and from that figure out if the mirror is up to
date or not.

The server would then only publish a list of mirrors that are up to
date, and as the mirrors get back up to date the published repository
list will reflect that.

>"access yummir via web" chunk that lets you look at the current list of
>repositories and/or their current state(s).

That shouldn't be necessary.  The list of repositories is on your
system, downloaded from the published list on the web-site, so that's
already there.

It's just that the process of updating that list right now is manual.

Sean
--
 What no spouse of a programmer can ever understand is that a programmer is
 working when he's staring out the window.