Install

Carlos Qualls clqtux at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 1 03:09:21 UTC 2004

I had lots of problems using up2date. One poster
suggested that I just try running "yum update" and
that worked much better. My system was at work and
behind the corp firewall, so I had to type the
following to get YUM to work through the firewall:

export http_proxy=http://<myproxyserver>:<port>
yum update

Hope this helps.