2 kernels to be updated? what up wit dat? :)

Kevin Hanser Kevin at mica.net
Tue Jan 6 21:17:42 UTC 2004

I noticed some odd behaviour today on my FC1 box... when I run
rhn-applet-tui, I get the following output:

The following is a list of outdated packages on your system:

Name                                     Version         Release
-----
bash                                     2.05b           34
kernel                                   2.4.22          1.2135.nptl
kernel                                   2.4.22          1.2138.nptl

It seemed a little strange to me that it's telling me that there's 2
kernels that are the latest release...  Obviously, I'm going to go ahead
and d/l and install the 2138 kernel, but I thought this behaviour was a
little odd, and you might want to know.

Anyone else seen this?