gnutella client for a NON programmer?

Rob Park rbpark at ualberta.ca
Thu Jan 8 01:06:36 UTC 2004

Trevor Smith wrote:
> I can't find a binary of gtk-gnutella for FC1 (can I use the debian binary at
> sourceforge?) and compiling any source code just isn't working for me and I
> don't have even the first idea what any advanced programming or compiler
> options are. There is no way I can compile this. Maybe in 4 months I can give
> it another shot. Or maybe I'll wipe and reinstall FC1 and select every single
> package, then retry compiling.
>
> Unless I'm missing something simple, I'm afraid gtk-gnutella is not an option
> for me.

Did you install the development packages when you installed fedora?
Without them, you can't possibly have a hope in hell of compiling
*anything*.

That said, I compiled gtk-gnutella just fine without doing anything
special, it worked fine and there were no issues. I would also recommend
it as it's a fairly simple client to use once you have it installed.