Question Again..

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Jan 14 19:20:23 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 14.01.2004 schrieb Clovis Tristao um 19:13:
> Hi,
> I installed FC1, but the system is not recognizing the network card. I
> write the command dmesg | grep - i eth0, and appears two netcard  SIS900
> and Realtek RTL8201 PHY. The message that it gives is the following:
> "SIOCSFFLAGS: Device or Resource busy "
> I installed the WindowsXP in this machine to test if the netcard was
> with problems, but the system recognized the net SIS900.
> Somebody would have some idea of that it can be happening?
>
> Detail: I installed the FC1 in another machine with the same the
> hardware and functioned.
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Clovis

What does following report:

"lspci -v" (interesting is what it says about your SIS900)

"cat /proc/interrupts" (interesting if IRQs are left and free or if the
eth0 shares an IRQ with anything else)

Do you have "PnP OS" set to yes in your motherboard BIOS? If so, set it
to NO! Did you set any other IRQ settings in the BIOS? Do you use ACPI
with Fedora?

Alexander

--
Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany