Yum capable mirrors?

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Jan 19 23:39:27 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 20.01.2004 schrieb Jean Francois Martinez um 00:14:
> When we go to the Mirror page on Fedora's site we see a list of mirrors
> but it doesn't tell us which ones are YUM or APT capable and the URL
> to use for YUM/APT

As they are mirrors, they are links to the yum repositories.

How to configure up2date or yum I wrote this "howto":

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-January/msg03379.html

> This really needs to be fixed since having all fedora users depend
> on a single site is slow and unreliable.

Just a little brainwork. Too much?

> Hint: It would be still best if installer autoconfigured the mirror
> according to time zone/country parms.

Well, an easy to use sources configuration tool, maybe integrated into
the up2date configuration, would be helpful for most of the
unexperienced users.

Alexander

--
Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany