Compilation general question -- FC1 in production

Justin Churchey sajchurchey at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 21:08:56 UTC 2004

To answer your questions,

Yes, both the CPU and the OS are important when
compiling source code (C/C++).  It is insignificant
with interpreted languages, like python, and Java.
The number of CPUs only comes into play if you write
SMP compatible software in the first place.

I know for a fact that Windows-compiled binaries will
not work in Linux and vice versa, but I'm not sure
about using the same binaries across different Linux
and other *nix machines.

Check the information on your compiler, it may be
possible to compile source code to a different CPU/OS.

=====

Justin Churchey

sajchurchey at yahoo.com

Check out My Website: http://sajchurchey.htmlplanet.com