linux apps that can record your desktop/ make a movie out of it

James Lawrence linuxjim at rochester.rr.com
Thu Jul 1 06:02:29 UTC 2004

Didier Casse wrote:

>Hi all,
>        Doesn anybody know any linux apps that can record things like
>mouse movements and all the things you're doing on the desktop and can
>output an mpeg clip out of it?
>
>I want to record my desktop and show people all the cool apps I have at
>the moment via an mpeg clip. i.e make a movie out of it. Thanks.
>
>With kind regards,
>
>Didier.
>
>---
>PhD student.
>
>Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
>5 Research Link,
>Singapore 117603
>
>Email: didierbe at sps dot nus dot edu dot sg
>
>Web: http://ssls.nus.edu.sg

I know what your talking about. i have software like it for my windows
install   from http://www.qarbon.com/   viewletbuilder.  as far as i
know, nothing is availible for linux. you can use the gimp to aquire
screen images of apps and open windows etc.  if you want to see one i
created, check out http://www.freewebs.com/jamesl/pages/viewlets.htm
from the dropdown box, select one of the top 2 they make take awhile to
load so be patient the server that hosts my site bitched at me, so i'm
in the market for a hosting Co. that could load these flash movies
faster.   btw, you'll need flash to view them.  the first movie is
almost a meg
if you do find software resembling what i have, let me lnow  just reply
to my e-mail address