Tcpdump: "admin prohibited filter"

Bob Chiodini chiodr at kscems.ksc.nasa.gov
Thu Jul 1 16:57:21 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 04:30, Andrea Giuliano wrote:

> Please note the following:
>
> 1) I only had the connection working for one day, June 21, on FC1.
> 2) On June 22 I upgraded to FC2, and the connection became slow, but
> still working.
> 3) Since June 23, the connection is definitely useless. No host can be
> reached, not even the DNS server of my ISP, as listed in the syslog
> after the ppp0 interface has come up.

Andrea,

Sorry about replying in this thread instead of the "...slow DSL ..."
thread, but I cleaned out my List folder earlier.  Anyway, try verifying
that your DSL MODEM and your ethernet card are configured for the same
speed and duplex settings.  The least common denominator is 10baseT-HD.
Use mii-tool (as root).

Depending on your ethernet card type, there are probably modprobe.conf
options to make the parameters permanent.  If it works.

Bob...