ssh help, I want user to be able to access only specified folders

Thu Jul 1 18:16:29 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 12:49 -0500, Jonathan S wrote:
> I am new to Fedora, and Linux in general, I want users to be able to log in
> to my computer via ssh, with FC-1 but I want to be able to specify rules for
> each so they can only access specified folders is this possable?  If so how
> would i go about doing this?
>   Also is there a difference between fedora-list and fedora-devel list,
> cause i already wrote one message to fedora-devel-list and got a wierd
> message back about me not being a member, I am new to this so I dont know.

This is a better target that fedora-devel-list (which is for Fedora
developers), but it is not a Fedora-specific question.  A google on "ssh
chroot" shows lots of interesting links.  A couple of promising ones:

http://debian.chains.ch/chroot/chroot.html
http://www.brandonhutchinson.com/chroot_ssh.html