VMware CPU Load

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Thu Jul 1 20:44:55 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 13:25, Phil Schaffner wrote:
> Either VMware (4.5.2) is violating the computer equivalent of the 2nd
> law of thermodynamics (perpetual motion anyone?) or it is somehow hiding
> it's CPU usage. Even when the VM is quite busy the  CPU usage on the
> host is usually showing below 3%.

Hmm.. are you on FC2 or .... ?? I"m on FC2, running it does use up some
amount of CPU.
I'm on 4.5.1-7568 though.

However, what i used to see whenever  evo is processing my mail filters, I would
see huge CPU loads due to the copy/moving actions. Not anymore. And I'm
 wondering why. CpuSpeed is also slow to respond. Ended up using speedfreqd instead.