fresh install for dual boot with winxp : grub hangs

Rick Mohr rfmohr at osc.edu
Thu Jul 1 21:33:32 UTC 2004

Hans,

I recently helped somone install FC2 on a laptop.  It had WinXP already
installed and FC2 was installed on a single partition after it.  After
installation, grub always got hung.  After some probing around, I reran
"grub-install" without modifying the grub.conf that FC had created, and
things suddenly started working fine.

I still don't know what the problem was, but a grub install fixed it just
fine.  Hope that helps.

--Rick