Spamass-milter vs Milter-Spamc

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Fri Jul 2 00:45:51 UTC 2004

Guys,

	I'm doing Spamass-Milter currently. Don't have much spam to train on
though. I only have like 18 spam mails.

Just wondering, which is the better alternative? I got spamass-milter
from dag's repo and seems like it's out of development vs Milter-Spamc
which is in active development.

(I don't want to go into procmail/MIMEDefang/mailscanner etc configs. I
at a time)

Spamass-milter seems to work OK except that I it doesn't really _yet_
know how to differentiate spam & Ham

This is what I have in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

required_hits                   5
rewrite_subject                 1
subject_tag                     [N-SPAM]
report_safe                     0
use_bayes                       1
bayes_path                      /var/run/.spamassassin

Note : I did not turn on additional stuffs. just the above. I'm hoping I
don't have to and get the Bayes filter to do it.

(but somehow autolearn is off in the headers)
$ ps awux | grep spam
root      spamass-milter -p /var/run/spamass.sock -f -r 15 -u defaultuser
spamd /usr/bin/spamd -d -c -a -m5 -u spamd -x

Am I doing everything right here?