iptables rules

Andrea Marin amarin at mr-service.it
Fri Jul 2 17:32:29 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 17:00, jludwig wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 09:41, Douglas Furlong wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 15:01 +0300, Markku Kolkka wrote:
> > > Andrea Marin kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika perjantai, 2.
> > > heinäkuuta 2004 12:06):

> > It is worth while investigating the service command, and it's associated
> > commands, as it makes managing the server/workstation/firewall easier.
> >
> The correct I believe answer is that service passes the command 'save'
> to the init.d script. If you open these scripts you will find at least
> 'start' and 'stop'.--
> jludwig <wralphie at comcast.net>

My questions is that after I use the script /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables
save, the result is

1)the file /etc/sysconfig/iptables is correctly completed
2)the script create a new file in this directory named iptables.save

The firewall is correctly configured my questions is:
because the script make a copy of iptables and call it iptables.save?

Thanks
Andrea
Italy Turin