Install FC2 on i586?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Fri Jul 2 18:28:44 UTC 2004

Has anyone had success installing FC2 on a Pentium-I system?  On my
non-MMX P-166, the install fails somewhere near the end of the first CD.
X crashes and the system reboots with no indication of error.

The system has a Mylex SCSI controller and a SCSI disk and CD-ROM.  I'm
doing a "Server" install (with a handful of added packages) from scratch.
The media have all been tested and shown good (and I've installed two
other systems, an Athlon and a P4).

Any clues as to what the problem is or how to work around it would be
appreciated.

TIA.

--
		Matthew Saltzman