How to open .kwd files into Gnome (without KDE) -if possible..

M Daniel R M danes16subscrip3 at ya.com
Fri Jul 2 18:52:03 UTC 2004

Hello list,
I've tried to open some files .kwd named that were made with Koffice by
mine some time ago. The problem is that now, in my Fedora (1 -of
course...), I run the Gnome desktop solely.
Which tools do I have to use, please?
I've searching through Google but didn't find anything.
The most close result I got was using File Roller, because it let me to
have a look to the content, each file.kwd is "split" in four files by
the File Roller; the main body is placed into a file called maindoc.xml,
I previewed it but it was a mix of lots of XML code and its tags and
symbols (aagggg....!). Just for having a look, but not to do anything
else with it. I tried to extract it and then to open it with Mozilla, it
did, but as result as before I've explained.
I also tried opening it with Open Office, but I couldn't, no matter the
kind of "filter" I suggested at start (OO Writer, Star Office Writer,
html, ...) nor with Abiword.
 What am I missing, if anything? All in all, it is supposed to should be
full compatibility between different Linux desktops at least, isn't it?
And more... Why does it have to be so difficult and "hidden"?
Surprisingly I have not found any clue by searching with Google... Maybe
there is no problem and I didn't realize ...?
If somebody in the list knows how to solve it I would appreciate
comments, please.

Daniel