Virtual PC's

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Fri Jul 2 19:56:10 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 14:48, Eliseo wrote:
> I've heard of this being done with Two separate Video cards but not with a
> single card with dual heads. I have never done this type of setup, but here
> is a link to a place that did something like what you want but with two
> graphic cards instead of one. This is some intense hacking. Hope this link
> sends on the right direction.
>
> http://disjunkt.com/dualhead/

    Ya know, as far as I know, if you used the "AT" keyboard and mouse,
as well as a USB card and mouse, and no Xinerama, with some X
configuration, I'm certain this is possible. (On one of those dual-cards
anyway).

    The real solution to this is to get the LTSP project. Better yet,
the K12LTSP.org site.  They've taken the Linux Terminal Server Project
and made it so that newbies (specifically teachers and administrators)
could set it up with minimum hassle.  And it uses a variation of the FC1
distro- you install it with a check-button at install time!

    The whole thing's very well documented, and it allows a lot of
options.  You could get one of these nice "Jammin 125" thin clients and
have one machine with no moving parts and no obsolescence (really!) or
just throw together some old Pentium machine with no hard drive.

    See also: DisklessWorkstations.com (they do hardware)

Brian Fahrländer                  Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                 http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ 5119262
AIM: WheelDweller