trying to wing it on an install to a P5-120Mhz machine

Frank Miceli micelif at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 2 21:05:08 UTC 2004

I've seen other posts similar to this, but I still
can't find my answer:

When I try to perform a CD install of FC2 on my old
120 Mhz non-pro pentium machine, I get:

ISOLINUX: 2.08 2003-12-12
isolinux: loading spec packet failed, trying to wing
it...
isolinux: Failed to locate CD-ROM device; boot failed.

I verified my CD is good (it boots on 3 other newer
machines without a problem.
I checked the bios : the latest bios for this mother
board is 9/1998.
I checked the setup and didn't have many parms that
could be changed.

Any ideas?
Or is it time to bury this old machine and build
something with newer hardware? The machine is
currently running an old version of Redhat (and not
very well, I might add).

Thanks,
Frank M.