How do I know if ddclient is really working properly

Barry Yu barryyupuilee at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 2 22:54:52 UTC 2004

I installed ddclient, during level 3 starting up I could see "Starting
ddclient ......... [O.K]"
When logged in as root in console, received a mail from ddclient said "
Caught SIGTERM ;  exiting ". Is this a problem?
Logged into desktop all the way from the main menu->System
setting->Server settings-> to Service configuration, can see that
ddclient (pid2930) is running.
But the above "Caught SIGTERN" message seems to be a problem ( If it is
how to fix?), and within this local machine what can I do to find out if
ddclinet is really working properly? README is the only info I have, I
setup according to it and the ddclient could read the IP address
assigned from ISP to WAN port of my router, but this just doesn't give
enough confidence to prove it is really working - I have to wait 5 days
for IP address change  and then I can tell ( The last resort ).
Any pointer to solution will be appreciated.