xawtv problems

Marc Williams marcw at onlymooo.com
Fri Jul 2 23:04:58 UTC 2004

No sooner do I finish extolling the virtues of xawtv then Blam!  I was
broadsided by this...

If you find your trusty old xawtv suddenly locking up your machine hard
and you don't know why, I think I found the reason - the new Nvidia
driver.

Xawtv without the new Nvidia drivers works great, as always.  Also, the
the new Nvidia driver works fine with everything I run unless I start up
xawtv.  Instant lockup.  I haven't seen one of these for awhile.  Mouse
is frozen in place, no keyboard, nothing.  A hard bounce is the only
thing that works.

I'd really like to get both of these guys (xawtv, Nvidia) to play nice
together.  Any suggestions?