How to Install Cisco VPN Client 4.0.4B in Fedora Core 2

Daniel Ulfe danielulfe at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 07:47:43 UTC 2004

Now I trying to compile module for all kernel version on my FC2 box
and have this problem when I start vpnclient_init

kernel: cisco_ipsec: version magic '2.6.6-1.427smp SMP 686 REGPARM
4KSTACKS gcc-3.3' should be '2.6.6-1.435smp SMP 686 REGPARM 4KSTACKS
gcc-3.3'

I compile modules in 2.6.6-1.435smp with this kernel UP. I have
installed too 2.6.6-1.427smp but I don't know why this version appears
in kernel magic.

Module compiled previously in 2.6.6-1.435.2.1smp still working.

Any idea?

Daniel

PD: When I compile CISCO VPN client in each kernel version I respond:
[root at moruroa vpnclient]# ./vpn_install
Cisco Systems VPN Client Version 4.0.4 (B) Linux Installer
Copyright (C) 1998-2001 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

By installing this product you agree that you have read the
license.txt file (The VPN Client license) and will comply with
its terms.

Directory where binaries will be installed [/usr/local/bin]

Automatically start the VPN service at boot time [yes]

In order to build the VPN kernel module, you must have the
kernel headers for the version of the kernel you are running.

For RedHat 6.x users these files are installed in /usr/src/linux by default
For RedHat 7.x users these files are installed in /usr/src/linux-2.4 by default
For Suse 7.3 users these files are installed in
/usr/src/linux-2.4.10.SuSE by default

Directory containing linux kernel source code
[/lib/modules/2.6.6-1.435.2.1smp/build]

* Binaries will be installed in "/usr/local/bin".
* Modules will be installed in "/lib/modules/2.6.6-1.435.2.1smp/CiscoVPN".
* The VPN service will be started AUTOMATICALLY at boot time.
* Kernel source from "/lib/modules/2.6.6-1.435.2.1smp/build" will be
used to build the module.

Is the above correct [y]
Note about "Directory containing linux kernel source code"