Fix Broken RPM System?

Ryan R. La Mothe ryanrlamothe at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 3 23:17:20 UTC 2004

Thank you, it appears I was able to fix this problem by doing the following:

1)  export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.19
2)  export RPM_FORCE_NPTL=1
3)  killall -9 rpm rpmb rpmd rpme rpmi rpmk rpmq rpmt rpmu rpmv;
4)  rm -rf /var/lib/rpm*.* /var/lib/rpm/__db* /var/lib/rpmrebuilddb*.*;
5)  rpm -v --rebuilddb &

These instructions were found at:
http://beau.org/pipermail/whitebox-users/2004-May/001698.html

THESE INSTRUCTIONS SHOULD BE ON REDHAT'S MAIN FEDORA WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, does anyone have a solution to the ldconfig problem?

-->I have been getting this error almost every time I have used RPM in the past couple of days:

"ldconfig:  File /usr/lib/libkdepim.so.1.0.0.#prelink#.J7eGQz is too small, not checked."

Sometimes RPM would complain about more than one file with this error, but this is what I get when I run ldconfig by itself.

Thank you.