Fix Broken RPM System?

slim vslim at insightbb.com
Sun Jul 4 10:03:14 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-04 at 04:25, Ryan R. La Mothe wrote:
> That's interesting.  I just deleted the damn file.
>
> Thank you.  I'm not going to buy that after all of these years, a list of the most common types of RPM troubleshooting solutions isn't available somewhere, production quality or not.

<snip>
Well if you find it let me know :)

The holy grail of the all in one document to fix rpm, kernel, yum,
soundcard, etc..etc. is located in the bowels of of the evil that is
google.

Lets face it, most people come to these places (mailing lists, forums
and the like) to find an answer to a problem they are having, once they
find that answer, they are gone till the next problem arises, some have
the problem, file the answer away in there heads and share with others
that have the same problem. some live here.

If you think that the one-all document for RPM trouble needs to be here,
write it. send it to the person that collects all the well known
problems in the distro. and writes a weekly faq that is posted here.
or the guy that does the unoffical faq. they saw a need and jumped in.
open source, open community, its a good thing. We are all just testers
here. hence the fedora-test.

Hang in and hang out.

Slim