FC2 doubtful quality?

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sun Jul 4 17:29:51 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-04 at 02:04, Max K-A wrote:
> > personally, the layout i've seen that i like the most is max k-a's
> > www.fedorafaq.org.  you go there and, after a short intro, you're at the
> > content.  perfect.  my only issue with it is that it would be nice to have
> > it more hierarchical and refined -- i think it's too general to have an
> > entire section called "Problems and Their Solutions."  but max clearly has
> > the right idea -- get to the content right away, don't make readers dig
> > their way thru introductory fluff.
>
> 	Hey, thanks. Yeah, I actually agree with you -- the "Problems and their
> Solutions" section is too long.
>
> 	For FC1, there were many fewer questions, so it wasn't a problem.
>
> 	I think I'll consider breaking it down into more sections, probably
> using some of the ones you proposed in your previous email. Of course, I
> expect there to be fewer questions for FC3, and then maybe I can go back
> to the single section. We'll see. :-)
>
> 	-Max

just my $0.02.

If you keep the separate sections you will likely see a decrease in the
numbers of problems.  That would indicate progress in eliminating the
problems and thus tend to give newbies a better assurance that things
are actually improving.

IE:   FC2 had 10,000 problems but FC3 only has 1,000 :  Would indicate a
progress.
(yes, I know I exaggerated)

-Jeff