Fedora core 3 feature requests

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jul 5 01:38:45 UTC 2004

Hi

> Should change the last one to "All your favorite
> software which has a
> restrictive license and/or problems with the DMCA"

i wasnt complaining. just stating it so that others
wouldnt

> This is not simple. Many people have asked this ,
> but so far no one
> started working on comps.xml... And this is no
> simple task...
> If people start now , maybe in FC4 or FC5 the job
> will be finished.

does it really take so long (an year or so by your
estimate) . Wouldnt shuffling packages around in that
file according the dependencies be enough to do this?

> Why not place some new reports on bugzilla about
> this? I never cared
> about the defaults , as I change them so fast I dont
> even have the time
> to get  used to them :)
> If you think some of the current services enabled
> could (and should) be
> disabled by default , just explain why and probably
> they'll be changed
> for the next version.

no. i think all services remotely accessible should be
disabled by default.fedora favours usability over
this. I think it involves some discussion. mailing
lists are better for that

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-July/msg00056.html
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-July/msg00068.html

Thanks. already saw this. I dont think my mail
overlaps any of these

regards
Rahul Sundaram