Unable to use any FC2 kernel except '358.

Etanisla Lopez-Ortiz fc2box at etanisla.com
Mon Jul 5 02:31:18 UTC 2004

On Sunday 04 July 2004 15:15, Dave Jones wrote:
> does booting with acpi=off fix this?
I edited my /boot/grub/grub.conf for this so that:
   kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.6-1.435.2.3 ro acpi=off root=LABEL=/ norhgb
Rebooted into the '435.2.3. Sadly, no change in behaviour

This is so odd. Why would the initial install work wonderfully, and all other
kernel updates be problematic?

I had hesitated in installed the nForce2 drivers because all of my motherboard
features were detected upon install. Should I try installing those now? Or
would I merely be stirring the pot too much?

Etanisla