Correct driver for VIA KM400 onboard graphics with FC2.

Jeff Allison jeff.allison at allygray.2y.net
Sun Jul 4 17:32:21 UTC 2004

Dave wrote:

>I have a Matsonics ms8188e MB with a VIA KM400 chipset running FC2. The
>MB has onboard graphics 'Integrated UniChrome 2D/3D graphics sharing
>64MB to act as frame buffer' ...it says on this bit of paper :)
>
>When installing FC2 the vesa driver was selected as default and works
>quite well. I just wondered if I can use a better driver to be able to
>use xv.
>
>I've tried setting the driver in xorg.conf as 'via' but although it lets
>me run the X server okay it seems slower than the vesa option. I was
>looking around the VIA website and the UniChrome site but there doesn't
>appear to be anything for FC2 that I would know how to set-up.
>
>I'm thinking of getting a separate card at some stage which I suppose
>might be the better option.

I know its no help I've got one of these and I cannot work it out I
enabled the via module in x but I get no xv output, and the system
becomes very unstable.

I've also looked at the viaarena site downloaded the fc1 drivers but I
don't really know enough to get it going under FC2

Jeff