Amish Furniture CAD design

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Mon Jul 5 23:24:37 UTC 2004

Can anyone suggest a good Computer Aided Design tool for cabinet
and furniture design?  If we can find a proper tool for this guy,
he may bring a whole bunch of friends away from the dark side.

Note, as thrilling as the idea of an Amish Linux distro may be,
please change the subject line of your replies if you want to talk
about something besides CAD for furniture, thank you!

Keith

------------ edited forwarded message :

Pleasure to meet you Saturday night at Jon & Julie's place.  This is
Mike Wold, the across the valley neighbor that was interested in the
Knoppix disk.

I have looked around the disk for a bit and liked what I have seen.
Also, have also replaces ie on the both my most used machines with
Firefox.  It works well with the NetSuite accounting program, and so I
am eager to learn more:

What would you recommend if I wanted to off the xp bandwagon?  I know
VERY LITTLE about Linux, other than how to spell Linux, and have just
learned that!  I have seen the Sun Java Desktop and been intrigued, but
also Red Hat.  We are a furniture business doing accounting through the
ASP NetSuite and have additional requirements of an Excel type
spreadsheet, word processor, email and a CAD program for cabinet and
furniture design.  Our Amish friends in Ohio use Macdraft on the Mac OS
for cabinet design and if I could use a Linux version of Macdraft that
would be compatable with the Mac version, that would be awesome, but fat
chance of me being so lucky?

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for the disk and let you know the seed
found fertile ground over here across the valley.

Any tips would be appreciated.  I tried to uninstall ie after using
Firefox, but it's pretty sticky.  The obvious solution is to reformat
and install Linux.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Keith Lofstrom           keithl at ieee.org         Voice (503)-520-1993